SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2017 – 9:00 A.M. RAIN OUT DATE – JULY 22, 2017
TOP O’ TEXAS / B & G ELECTRIC ARENA – HWY 60 EAST – PAMPA, TEXAS
KID PONY SHOW
Kid Pony Show Entry Form
You will also need the birth certificate unless it’s on file from last year and a TOTRA CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM (click to download)
AGES 7 & UNDER
BUCKLES AWARDED TO EVENT WINNERS – (1ST-3RD PLACE) DONATED BY: CAPITAL FARM CREDIT
BEGINS 1 HOUR AFTER CONCLUSION OF KID PONY SHOW BUT NOT BEFORE 1:00 P.M.
APPROX. $10,000.00 IN ADDED MONEY & PRIZES
BUCKLES AWARDED TO ALL-AROUND COWBOY & COWGIRL EACH GROUP
ADDED MONEY DONATED BY:
LARRY BAKER PLUMBING, HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING, BRITTEN FEED & SEED, CARTER SAND & GRAVEL, GOLD LINE TRANSPORT, HUNTING TITAN, AMANDA JACOBS MEMORIAL, PAMPA CONCRETE, PANHANDLE PERFORATORS, JERRY RHOADES, TOP O’ TEXAS OILFIELD SERVICES.
W & W FIBERGLASS; SHEILA WEBB STATE FARM INSURANCE, X CROSS X LTD
ALL-AROUND COWBOY & COWGIRL BUCKLES DONATED BY: RESOUND NETWORKS
Download above forms and return to:
Remember…all forms must be notarized!
THE RODEO OFFICE, 200 N. BALLARD
ENTRIES OPEN UNTIL 5:00 PM TUESDAY, JULY 11, 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION: TOTRA 806-669-0434 email@example.com
TOP O’ TEXAS JR. RODEO & KID PONY SHOW
GENERAL RULES (To Download Click Here… General JR and KPS Rules )
BIRTH CERTIFICATES REQUIRED FOR ALL CONTESTANTS OR ENTRY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED (unless on file from last year)
- No contestant shall be assisted in any way between starting lines.
- All contestants must wear number at all times.
- Tying a child in a saddle in any way will not be permitted. This includes velcro or any other manner. Rubber bands will be allowed.
- All events for Groups 1-4 will be run in a closed arena. Groups 5-7 events will be run in an open arena.
- Unsportsman-like conduct will not be tolerated from anyone.
- In the case of a tie in any event, the winner will be decided by a flipped coin.
- The decision of the judges is final. All rules are interpreted at the judges’ discretion.
- Buckles will be awarded to winners in Groups 1 and 2. Groups 3-7 will have paybacks as follows:
1 to 3 entries – 1 place – 100%
4 to 6 entries – 2 places – 60%, 40%
7 or more entries – 3 places – 50%, 30%, 20%
Groups 3 & 4 – There will be a $7 office charge deducted from the paybacks in the timed events. A $6 office charge and a $10 stock charge will be deducted from the rough stock events. A $6 office charge and an $18 stock charge will be deducted from the roping events. A $6 office charge and a $6 stock charge will be deducted from the Goat Tying paybacks.
Groups 5 & 6 – An $8 office charge will be deducted from the paybacks in the timed events. A $6.00 office charge and a $12.00 stock charge will be deducted from the rough stock events. A $6 office charge and an $18 stock charge will be deducted from the roping events. A $6.00 office charge and a $6.00 stock charge will be deducted from the Goat Tying paybacks.
Group 7 – A $9 office charge will be deducted from the paybacks in the timed events. A $6 office charge and an $18 stock charge will be deducted from the roping events. A $6 office charge and a $6 stock charge will be deducted from the Goat Tying paybacks.
If there is no qualified time or ride in an event, no payback will be issued.
If there is only one qualified time or ride in an event, payback will be issued for the first place percentage only based on number of entries as shown above.
- All-around buckles will be awarded to contestants in Groups 3-7. Contestants must be entered in three events to qualify. The following scale will be used in determining points:
1st place – 6 points 4th place – 3 points
2nd place – 5 points 5th place – 2 points
3rd place – 4 points 6th place – 1 point
- If a contestant is willfully entered in the wrong age group, the contestant will be barred from competing. Age groups are determined by age as of July 1, 2017. Contestants may not move up.
- No stallion horses or mules will be permitted.
- In the case of a rainout, the show will be rescheduled and no money will be refunded.
- Protests: Each protest must plainly state the cause of the complaint and must be delivered to the Chairman of the Grievance Committee, who will be in the judges’ stand prior to the end of each event. All protests must be accompanied by a $50.00 deposit. If the protest is approved, the money will be refunded. If the protest is not approved, the money will be forfeited. No videotape or any form of electronic media will be reviewed.
- Boys and girls will compete separately in all age groups except in the Walk & Lead Barrel Race in Group 1 and Mutton Bustin.
- Officials reserve the right to select the calves in the riding events. Sizes of calves will be according to the size of contestants in a group.
- Any reruns approved by the committee will be chute drawn including lap and tap and will be run at the end of that event.
Entries must be received in the rodeo office by 5:00 P.M. July 11, 2017 NO EXCEPTIONS.
- According to Texas law, we must require you to bring current coggins papers with you on the day(s) of competition to show upon arrival at rodeo grounds.
- Contestants must be wearing Jr. Rodeo or Kid Pony Show back numbers to obtain free admission to the Top O’ Texas Rodeo and Jr. Rodeo and Kid Pony Show performances. This applies only to Jr. Rodeo and Kid Pony Show contestants. Parents and/or accompanying adults and children must purchase tickets
CHAIRMAN – WHITNEY OXLEY
RODEO OFFICE – P. O. BOX 659
PAMPA, TX 79066-0659
(806) 669-0434 (806) 669-0117 – Fax
TOP O’ TEXAS KID PONY SHOW
SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2017 – 9:00 A.M. – GROUPS 1 & 2 (AGES 7 & UNDER)RODEO
SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2017 – GROUPS 3-7 (AGES 8-18)
1 HOUR AFTER CONCLUSION OF KID PONY SHOW BUT NOT BEFORE 1:00 P.M.
RAIN OUT DATE – JULY 22, 2017
TOP O’ TEXAS JR. RODEO & KID PONY SHOW
GOAT RIBBON RACE (AGE 5 AND UNDER) – This is a timed event. The contestant runs across the starting line on foot to the goat, removes the ribbon from the goat’s tail and returns to the starting line. This event is timed between the flags. The goat will be held. Contestants cannot be assisted in any way between the flags
BARREL RACING (ALL AGES) – Knocking over a barrel will result in a 5 second penalty for each barrel knocked over. Failure to follow the standard cloverleaf pattern shall cause disqualification. A horse may start either to the right or to the left of the pattern and then run the remainder of the pattern accordingly. There will be no disqualification for touching a barrel
GOLFETTE (AGE 7 AND UNDER) – Rider races to the barrel and picks up golf ball while turning the barrel, returns to the barrel nearest the finish line, deposits the ball in it, and crosses the finish line. Rider may run either the right or left pattern. Circling the barrel, dismounting, dropping the ball, turning over the barrel or bucket will result in disqualification. Group I will be handed a golf ball before starting the race and will continue the pattern.
FLAG RACE (AGE 6-11) – This is a timed event. Two barrels with a bucket of sand on each will be used in this race. Contestant races to the first barrel and pulls flag out of first bucket, races to the second barrel and sticks flag in second bucket and then races back to the finish line. The pattern may be run to the right or left. Circling the barrel, dismounting, or dropping the flag will result in disqualification. Flag must stay in bucket until contestant crosses finish line.
BREAKAWAY CALF ROPING (AGE 8-18) – Head must go through loop. One minute time limit. Rope should be tied to horn with string so that it will break. No break results in a no time. Calf must break rope. A designated official will check rope. Ten second penalty for broken barrier. Contestant must flag rope at saddle horn. Management will furnish string. Two loops will be allowed if carried.
TIE DOWN CALF ROPING (GROUPS 6 & 7 BOYS) – Catch as catch can. Calf must stay tied for five seconds with a qualifying tie. Qualified tie is considered to be any three legs crossed and tied. One minute time limit. Ten second penalty for broken barrier. Contestant MUST USE NECK ROPE or similar device. Two loops will be allowed. Must rebuild.
RIBBON ROPING – (GROUPS 5, 6 & 7 BOYS) – Catch as catch can. Rope must hold calf until roper gets hand on calf. One minute time limit. Contestant helper must run ribbon and be of opposite sex and entered in the show. Ten second penalty for broken barrier. Contestant MUST USE NECK ROPE or similar device. Two loops will be allowed. Must rebuild.
GOAT TYING (AGE 8-18) – Goat must stay tied for 5 seconds with a qualifying tie. Any 3 legs must be crossed to qualify. Disqualification will result if horse comes in contact with 12 – foot rope or goat.
POLE BENDING (AGE 8 – 18) – The pole bending pattern is to be run around six poles. Each pole will be twenty-one feet apart and the first pole will be twenty-one feet from the starting line. A horse may start either to the right or left of the first pole and then run the remainder of the pattern accordingly. Knocking over a pole will result in a five second penalty for each pole knocked over. If a pole is knocked down and the contestant does not follow the weave pattern around the original base position of the fallen pole, it is considered a broken pattern. No disqualification for touching pole. Recrossing the starting line before pattern is completed will result in disqualification.
CALF RIDING (GROUPS 3 & 4 BOYS) – Six second ride using one or two hands. If contestant starts with 2 hands, he must finish with two hands. All contestants will be required to wear mouthpieces in order to be allowed to ride.
STICK HORSE RACE (AGE 5 AND UNDER) – Same rules as barrel racing except must furnish own stick horse. Contestant cannot be assisted in any way between the flags.
WALK AND LEAD BARREL RACE (AGE 5 AND UNDER) – Horse must be led on a normal rein of approximately 7 feet in length. Cloverleaf pattern must be followed by both leader and rider. Horse will be flagged to stop time, not leader.
BULL RIDING (GROUPS 5, 6 & 7 BOYS) – Eight second ride using only one hand. All contestants will be required to wear mouthpieces in order to be allowed to ride.
CO-ED TEAM ROPING (ALL GROUPS) – Three legal head catches: head or both horns; half head, includes one horn & nose; around the neck. Front leg in head loop is no time. If hondo passes over one horn & the loop over the other, catch is illegal. If loop crosses itself in a head catch, it is illegal. This does not include heel catches. Cross fire is an automatic “no time”. One hind foot is a 5 second penalty. Enter 2 times by switching ends or partners. This must be done when entering rodeo. If partner does not show, roper may choose any other eligible contestant of that rodeo provided he is not entered in team roping more than once. Two loops only. Time will be taken when both ropers are dallied around saddle horn & horses face each other in a line with rope tight & horse’s front feet on the ground. Ropers must be mounted before time will be taken. Must enter and pay as a team & specify header & heeler. Must rope as entered. Both header & heeler must leave from the roping boxes.
MIXED ROPING (AGE 8 – 18) & ADULT/YOUTH TEAM ROPING (AGE 12-18)
These will be run as a combined event. This is an open event and will not count toward All-Around. Payback only. $200.00 added money if there are more than 20 teams entered. Entry fee includes a $12.00 stock charge per team. (Adult must be over 18 years of age to enter Adult/Youth Team Roping.)
Rules are the same as Co-ed Team Roping above.
MUTTON BUSTIN (GIRLS & BOYS – AGE 7 & UNDER) – 6 second ride, girls and boys will compete against one another, May use a rope; must use 2 hands; will be judged by same point criteria as Calf Riding. LIMIT 20. Entry fee includes a $10.00 stock charge.
STEER STOPPING (GROUPS 6 & 7 BOYS) – One loop only. Roper to come from heading box. 30-second time limit, before penalties. Barrier must be used – 10-second penalty for broken barrier. Roper must dally. Cannot tie on hard and fast. 3 legal head catches: head or both horns; half-head, includes one horn and nose; around the neck. If loop crosses itself in the head catch, it is illegal. If hondo passes over one horn and loop is over the other, the catch is illegal. Front leg in head loop will result in a “no time”. Time will be flagged when steer faces roper.