RODEO QUEEN CONTEST RULES 2017
Please download the packet and return to:
- Must be a female and at least 14 years of age and not more than 19 years of age as of August 1, 2017.
- Must be an experienced rider and able to carry a flag. HORSE MUST BE FLAG BROKE.
- Must be a Texas resident.
- Must be able to attend all three rodeo performances of the Top O’ Texas Rodeo, the Rodeo Parade and all other events with advanced notice.
- Entry forms must be completely filled out and signed by the contestant and the contestant’s parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18.
- Entry Forms are due on June 15, 2016 by 5:00. Entry Forms will be accepted after June 15 until June 30 at 5:00, but a $75.00 late fee will be charged. Entry forms must be mailed or hand delivered to the Top O’ Texas Rodeo Association office arriving before the deadline. The Top O’ Teas Rodeo Association is not responsible for entry forms lost or delayed in transit by any shipping method.
- Contestants will be judged on horsemanship, public speaking and their ability to properly represent the association.
- Dress code is western attire. More dress code instructions within each contests rules. Dress Code is strictly enforced.
- Horsemanship will be judged on riding ability and ability to properly execute the pattern. A pattern will be given to contestants for practice.
- During the judging of the horsemanship, contestants must wear a solid white shirt, blue jeans, cowboy boots, belt and western hat. No bling accessories are allowed. Small earrings are the only accessory permitted.
- The public speaking will be done before a panel of judges. All contestants will be required to give a short introduction speech of themselves. Contestant will be required to answer interview questions asked by judges.
- Appearances will be scheduled prior to the rodeo for contestants that the contestants will be required to attend and participate.
- The entry fee is $125.00 per contestant. After June 15 a $75.00 late fee will be charged. Contestant may have at sponsors. Sponsor names and information must be turned in at the time of entry.
- The winner will receive a $500 cash scholarship and runner-up will receive a $250.00 scholarship.
- A mandatory meeting will be held on July 6 at 6 pm at the Pampa Chamber of Commerce.
- Queen Contestants will be responsible for selling tickets.
- Queen will be responsible for representing TOTRA at events throughout her reign. Notice of these events will be given ahead of time.
When the Queen contestants are invited to luncheons, only the contestant may attend. Parents & other family members should not attend luncheons. The Pageant Director will let you know when to bring family & other guests to events.